Referral Sources are useful to track the success of marketing campaigns. For example, if a customer heard an advertisement on a local radio network such as KLM in Chicago, you can create a region called Chicago, associate the referral type "radio" to a specific referral source called 'KLM".
In the customer profile, you can select the referral type, region, and then the referral source. A report called "Lead Detail" (under Marketing & CRM reports) provides all lead details based on a specified date range.
Note: You must first set up Referral Types and regions prior to setting up referral sources.
In this article, you will learn how to create regions and referral sources.
- Select Admin from the main menu and click Account Management.
- Click Regions.
- Click Add New Region.
- Enter the name of the region and click Continue.
- Click the checkbox next to each location within this region.
- Click Save.
Setup Referral Sources
- Select Admin from the main menu and click System Settings.
- Click Customer Settings.
- Click Customer Referrals.
- Click Referral Sources.
- Click on a referral type.
- Click Add new referral source.
- Enter the name of the referral source in the Name field.
- Click the Active checkbox.
- Select the Referral Type. Read: Customer Referral Types
- Select the Region from the drop-down list provided.
- Click Save.