This article is specifically for business accounts in regions where the law has strict restrictions on how taxes and fees (essentially service charge) are displayed on receipts.
For such accounts, you can hide taxes in the following receipts:
- POS Receipts (Receipt and Preview Invoice)
- Full Page Receipt
- Full Page Preview Invoice
- Email Receipt
Note: On demand you can also display a tax breakdown. Read: Print a Receipt with the Full Tax Breakdown.
To hide the tax on receipts:
- Navigate to Admin > System Settings.
- Expand POS Settings and click Tax Type.
The Tax Types for the account appear on the right.
- Click Edit on the tax type you want to hide on the receipts.
- Select the Hide on Receipts checkbox for the tax type.
By default, the checkbox is not selected.
- Click Update.
The tax type is updated.
- If the Show Tax Detail On Receipt setting is enabled under System Settings > POS Setting > Defaults and the Hide on Receipts settings is also enabled under Tax Type, then the tax types that are not hidden display on the receipts.
- If the Show Tax Detail On Receipt setting is disabled under System Settings > POS Setting > Defaults and the Hide on Receipts settings is enabled under Tax Type, then the tax line shows as it does currently – the total for all taxes display under the “generic tax” line.