If you prefer to order products from a certain vendor, set the vendor as the Preferred Vendor in the vendor profile. When a preferred vendor is set up for a product, a warning message appears each time the product is ordered from a different vendor.
Note: There can only be one preferred vendor for a product. If another vendor is selected as preferred, the system automatically disregards the first vendor and uses the second vendor as the preferred vendor.
If you are setting a preferred vendor for a new product, follow the steps under Add a Vendor. If you are setting a preferred vendor for an existing product, follow these steps:
- From the main menu, navigate to Admin > Vendor Management.
- Select the search criteria from the Search By field and enter the corresponding vendor information in the For field. For instance, you can select Vendor Name and enter the name of the vendor in the For field.
- Click Search.
- Click on the vendor name from the search results.
- Click the Vendor SKU's tab.
- Double-click on the item you want to edit or click Edit.
- Select the Pref checkbox for the item.
- Click Update.
The table refreshes with the changes.