You can setup a referral program where the referrer receives a dollar credit for referring a new customer. These coupons must have unique coupon numbers and will automatically expire after the first use.
Note: All referral coupons are serializable and expire after one use.
- From the main menu, navigate to Admin > System Settings.
- Click Customer Settings and click Customer Referrals.
- Click Referral Programs.
- Click the Add New Referral Program link.
The following fields appear.
- Enter the name of the program in the Name field.
- Select the Active checkbox to make the program active in the system.
- Select the SKUs that apply to the coupon from the Qualifying SKU Filter drop-down list.
- Select one of the following Referral Type:
- Click the Percentage radio button to setup a referral reward where the referrer receives a dollar credit based on a percentage of purchases made by the referee. Then enter the percentage in the Referral Credit (%) field.
- Click the Dollar Amount radio button to setup a referral reward where the referrer receives a credit for a flat dollar amount. Enter the dollar amount in the Referral Credit ($) field.
- Click here to setup a referral reward where the referrer receives a coupon.
- Select the discount the referee will receive upon presentation of the coupon at check out from the Referred Discount drop-down.
Note: Only the discounts created at the location appear in the drop-down. To create a discount, read: Create a Discount.
- Select the Restrict Same Day Redemption checkbox if the coupon should be redeemed the same day as it was issued.
- Click the Frank Redemption checkbox to frank the coupon when it has been redeemed.
Note: To frank the redemption of the coupon, Epson printer TM-H6000II is required.