- The Mobile Checkout option should be enabled at the customer group level. Only when enabled, the Mobile Checkout section is visible at the appointment check-in screen.
- The customer being checked-in should belong to a group that has Mobile Checkout enabled
- The customer checked-in should have not opted out of the mobile checkout preference (customer profile > preferences).
- A credit card interface should be enabled.
- SMS is enabled under Admin>System Settings> Global Preferences > SMS > Settings.
At the time of check-in, an email or SMS text message is delivered to the guest with a link to check out. In the check-in screen, by default, the Mobile Checkout option is selected and the guest's registered email address and phone number is displayed. However, in the event that the guest wants the checkout link to be delivered to a different email or phone number, you can update the details for the appointment right from the check-in screen. However, the information added here is only for this appointment and does not permanently update the details in the Customer's Profile.
To enable an appointment for mobile checkout
- Check-in the appointment.
- In the Mobile Checkout section of the check In screen, the Mobile Checkout checkbox is enabled by default.
By default, the email and phone number registered in the customer’s profile displays. These fields are editable. Enter the email/phone number that the guest wants to use temporarily to check out.
Note: This section is not visible if the guest has opted-out of the mobile checkout option (customer profile > preferences).
- Click Check-in.
A status message appears with the delivery status of the email and SMS.
The guest receives an email/SMS with the link to check out. On clicking the link, the guest can review the appointment and payment summary, select or add a custom gratuity amount, and make payment.
After making payment, the guest receives a receipt by email.