For guests eligible to use Mobile Checkout, they will receive an SMS as soon as they check-in for their appointment. You can customize the SMS text message template content that goes out to them with the link to check out after the service is complete.
Before you begin
Ensure that SMS is enabled under Admin>System Settings> Global Preferences > SMS > Settings.
To customize the SMS template
- From the main menu, navigate to Admin > System Settings.
- Expand Global preferences, expand SMS, and click Templates.
The SMS Templates for all locations appear on the right.
- Click Edit in the Mobile Checkout column for the location.
The Edit Template window opens displaying the existing template content. The window is blank if no SMS text was configured.
- Edit or enter text information and click the Custom Fields for Body drop-down menu to include a merge field in the template.
Based on the merge fields you insert, Book4Time automatically populates the information in the text message.
Example: To include the location name in the SMS, select Location Name from the drop-down.
Tip: Click at a place in the template where you want to include the merge field. Then, select the merge field from the Custom Fields for Body drop-down. Click Insert to insert the merge field in the selected area.
Note: By default, Book4Time provides a list of merge fields for you to use. These fields are not customizable.
- Click Insert.
- Click Update to include the new content or click Cancel to abandon the changes.
- Click Preview to view a sample of the mobile checkout SMS.