The Mobile Express Self Checkout feature makes it easy, quick, and stress-free for your guests to complete payments. When you enable the feature, guests can conveniently self-checkout of appointments right from their mobile device without having to return to the Front Desk.
The Mobile Express Checkout function is tied to Customer Groups in Book4Time. So, if a customer group named “Member” has Mobile Express Checkout enabled, then automatically all users belonging to that group can checkout using a mobile device. You also have the option to opt-out guests who do not prefer to use mobile checkout.
How does it work for customers?
- Customer arrives for the appointment
- Front desk checks-in the customer
- Customer receives an email or SMS text with a link to check out
- Customer is ready to check out and clicks the link
- Customer views the appointment summary, selects gratuity, and completes payment using a card on file used to book the appointment
- Customer receives a receipt via email. The customer has the option to resend the email to another email address and post a comment.
The transaction is closed, and your Front Desk staff can view the closed appointment in Book4Time.
In this article
This article has all the necessary information required for you to set up and use this feature. Click the links to learn more about each function.
Set up Mobile Express Self Checkout
- Set up billing defaults: Assign a dedicated cash register and an operator to track all Mobile Checkout transactions.
- Enable or Disable Mobile Checkout for Customer Groups: Include or exclude certain customer groups from using Mobile Checkout.
- Customize the Mobile Checkout SMS Template: Customize the SMS text message template content that goes out to guests with the link to checkout after the completion of the service.
- Customize the Mobile Checkout Email Template: Customize the email template content that goes out to guests with the link to checkout after the completion of the service.
Indicate Customer Preference
- Set a Customer's Mobile Checkout Preference: Allow guests to opt-in/out of using Mobile Checkout.
- Update the Mobile Checkout Notification Details for a Single Appointment: In the event that the guest wants the checkout link to be delivered to a different email or phone number, you can update the details for the appointment from the check-in screen.