To print receipts and/or labels in Book4Time, you must first install the QZ Tray application. You will typically print thermal receipts/labels from the following locations:
- Front Desk tab:
> Cash Drawer Management
> Vault Management
- Inventory tab > SKU Barcode Labels
To set up QZ Tray to begin printing:
- Select the area you would like to print from, e.g. Front Desk > Point-of-Sale.
Result: If QZ Tray is not installed or currently running, the following prompt displays.
- Click the here link in the Important Message dialog box.
Result: You are taken to the QZ Download page.
- Click the appropriate button to download the Windows or MAC version.
- Click the QZ Tray 2.0.9 download button.
Result: The QZ Tray download prompt displays in your download bar.
- Click the .exe prompt to begin the download.
Result: You will be prompted to install Java.
- Click the Agree and Start Free Download button.
Result: The Java Setup window displays.
- Click Install and follow the prompts to install Java.
Result: When successful, the following window displays.
- Close the window.
Result: The window to resume QZ Tray Setup installation displays.
- Click OK.
Result: The Installation Complete window displays.
- Return to the Book4Time window you started to print from, e.g. Point-of-Sale.
Result: The Action Required dialog displays.
- Check the Remember this decision box and click Allow.
Result: Your QZ Tray application is now installed.
To set up your receipt printer:
- Navigate to Admin > Account Management > Expand Locations > Select your Location > Register Setup > Edit (beside the applicable Register ID).
- Select the applicable printer name from the Receipt Printer / COM Port dropdown and click Save.
Note: If you have printed receipts before using a different browser, the printer name will appear in this dropdown. If your printer name doesn't appear, consult your internal technical support to have the printer added to your Windows or Mac Settings. Once it is installed, navigate back to this dropdown and it will now appear in this list.